What Type of Health Insurance Policies Are Available For Small Business Owners?

Small Business health insurance coverage does not have to be complicated. We can help you choose between group health insurance plans, self-employed health insurance, flexible spending accounts and other lesser known health insurance plans.

Managed Care
Managed care health insurance plans can provide you with health care services at a lower cost, because members of managed care plans must adhere to certain rules designed to lower the cost of care.

HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and Health Savings Accounts
Small business owners often provide health insurance through group plans like HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and Health Savings Accounts.

HMOs often have lower premiums but the care providers must be available in close proximity to your employees.

PPOs and POSs usually cost a little more but are more flexible for your employees, giving them additional choices of doctors and medical care.

Health Savings Accounts can provide tax-free savings for you and your employees.

Fee-for-Service Plans (Indemnity Plans)
Fee for service plans allow you to use almost any medical provider. After each visit, you or your provider files your claim with the insurance company. If you have met your deductible for the year, then the fee for service plan pays a percentage of your bill, typically 80%, and you pay the other 20%. The drawback to this type of plan is its cost.

Getting advice from a good insurance agent should be your first step in finding a health insurance policy. An experienced agent that sells policies from many insurance companies will often be able to help you get a better rate than an agent who sells insurance from a single company.

Call Jeff Pennington today at 1-877-221-6198 to discuss your needs and get a selection of life insurance quotes for your situation. Jeff can answer all of your insurance questions and will provide friendly personal advice.

This entry was posted in faq. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.